Black and Beige Small Dangle Earrings with Sterling-Silver Earwires
These earrings coordinate with the "Precipice" necklace and bracelet, and they evoke the same troubled mood as these other pieces do. The darkly beautiful design is inspired by the chapters of Hawthorne's The Marble Faun that lead up to a fateful moment that binds two of the characters, Miriam and Donatello, in both guilt and love.
We all face our own figurative precipices--moments in our lives when the actions we take shape our futures. The "Precipice" designs recognize these moments' potential for causing us anything from anxiety to horror, as in Miriam and Donatello's case. But these designs mix light with darkness, strength with unease, to remind you that you can face your challenges boldly, no matter how dire they seem.
The earrings feature spider-web jasper, with its eerie play of graphic black lines on a neutral ground, accented by small black-tourmaline beads and sterling silver. And the diamond shapes on the earwires echo the angles of the facets on the "Precipice" necklace's pendant.
- length: 1 11/16 inches, measured from top of earwire to tip of ball pin
- dimensions of spider-web jasper beads: 9mm square
- sterling-silver earwires and ball pins
- rubber earnuts included (not pictured)
- can be customized for non-pierced ears
- pattern and shading on jasper may vary from bead to bead